Friday, January 30, 2009

Guruji

It was in 2003, when life was on a mode where I was not doing well. I had graduated from IIT Bombay and wanted to pursue my PhD abroad. Unfortunately, I could get into a good university as my GRE score was not really good. Confused and depressed I was eeking my time out in my hometown solapur. My uncle (I call him Amar Mama) told me to join the Art of Living Course. It was him who told me, so I joined the course. A couple of days in the course, I started seeing the change in my attitude towards life. Mind learnt to relax and thinking turned out to be more clear. By the end of the course I found all the confusion had dissapeared and I was feeling extremely happy. This course really helped to set the things right in my life. And all the credit goes to the one who has designed this course. He is non other than His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankarji..

Truely speaking when I met him for the first time, I was spellbound by his simplicity and depth of knowledge. Above all in his presence I felt something pleasing..something great which I cannot explain...The following poem is the dedication to him and rightly he my Guru who has shown me the worth of life, the worth of my very existence on this planet....

Life seemed goalless running,
And nothing was fulfilling.
Many a times I felt,
Why am I living?

Then you just came in my life,
The mind witnessed the healing.
Darkness dissolved in the light of SELF
And I learnt The Art of Living.

Each and every moment in my life now,
I see the presence of thee.
Holding tight in your arms,
You take care of me.

Whenever I am in dilemma,
You come alive again and again.
All the confusions disappear at once,
And Bliss replaces the pain.

Emotions are so difficult to express,
And words fall short to say.
You have taken,
All the thorns on my way.

Guruji, You are the wealth of knowledge,
You are my goal,
To reach and merge in you,
Is the want and call of my soul.

Jai Guru Deva...

3 comments:

Neha said...

Sri Sri Ravishankar, seem to have a great influence on you... and understandably so with turn of events in your life...

Ur dedication towards your source of inspiration is well etched in this post :)

Vishwa said...

Thanks Neha. Sri Sri has been one of the most amazing personalities I have ever seen....He is an Inspiration to millions like me...And he continues to be for all

ಗಿರೀಶ ರಾಜನಾಳ said...

truely anna...