Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I hold your Hands and You Hold my Heart

I was returning to Bangalore by train from Chennai on 4th June. It was 9.15 pm and the departure of my train was 9.30 pm. I was in a hurry. As I was walking brisk towards the railway station, I saw an old couple crossing the road holding their hands together. The lady was walking slowly and the husband was guiding her by holding her hand.

Such a scene where an old couple walking with their hands held together is seldom seen. Normally we see a young couple walking with their hands held together. Or it is common to see a young one holding a hand of a septuagenarian.

Looking at that couple, I was transported in an air of nostalgia. It was like a cool breeze flowing besides me kissing my cheeks. I could sense the warmth of the hands in the two oldies. At this age, the couple might have crossed the wants of physical needs. There is no physical attraction. What they need is the presence of the person who has walked the path with him or her. This could be called as love. “I don’t want anything from you, yet I want to be with you, see you comfortable & happy and I want to move together with you”. It is a unique feeling which only few fortunate can experience.

I was lifted to feeling of bliss and happiness. Something which I will cherish for times to come.

Love and Prayers
Amit Kalyani

No comments: